The Billing Tool
IN THE AREA OF BILLING AND COLLECTIONS, SUNBELT EXTENDS THE FOLLOWING SERVICES
- Review of daily charges for accuracy
- Entry of charges and time of service payments
- Entry of patient receipts, insurance payments, and contractual adjustments
- Process insurance claims and patient statements
- Review of insurance EOB’s for denials and underpayments and implementation of corrective action
- Persistent follow up on all claims – large and small
- Assisting patients with account inquiries and follow up with patients on past due accounts
- Reconciliation of insurance and patient payments to ensure the money is accounted for
Each month all accounts greater than 30 days old are reviewed by the Sunbelt Medical Management staff and calls are made to insurance companies and patients, whichever is applicable, to initiate corrective action. We then continue to follow those claims for further corrective measures if needed.
Most applications are submitted electronically through several clearinghouses we utilize. Each of these clearinghouses has online claims correction capabilities that hasten the payment process. The exception to electronic claims is most workers compensation claims, which require that operative notes come attached to the paper claim form, and some carriers that are not currently set up to accept electronic claims (though this approach is becoming less common).
NO MATTER WHERE YOU’RE AT IN TERMS OF GOING DIGITAL, THE ABILITY TO STORE, AND SHARE, MEDICAL RECORDS ON OUR SECURE PLATFORM WILL KEEP YOU POISED FOR SUCCESS IN AN EVER MORE COMPLEX WORLD.
Schedule a Demo
Want to learn more about how our billing tool can help take your practice to the next level so you can focus on patient care? Fill out the form below and we can reach out to you with a convenient time to see how!